Building Blocks of Peace Workshop 2020 #1 (NORTH)
PRACTICAL TRAINING FOR LOCAL ACTION
Join us for a 3-month journey of learning from local practitioners who are modeling prayer & presence-based peacemaking and care for their communities. This training will equip you with the appropriate tools, ideas, and best practices to lovingly and effectively engage your community.
Saturday, March 7, 2020
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM (Central Standard Time)
5437 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL, USA Get Directions
Faith Community Mobilization
This event has ended.
Vision: Faithful Presence—Reducing violence and promoting community health through consistent, positive presence in proximity to our homes, churches, and places of need.
TOPICS & SPEAKERS
- Theology of Place, Prayer, & Presence – Dr. Richard Kohng (Director of Civic Engagement, North Park University)
- Working with People of Peace Right Around You: Panel – Vance Henry (Mayor's Office, City of Chicago)
- Listening, Learning, and Loving Your Neighborhood – Dr. John Fuder (Founder, Chicagoland United in Prayer)
- Making Your Church Invaluable to Your Community: Education – Damien Howard (Director of Education Initiatives, Together Chicago)
- Developing a Community Action Plan – Dr. Richard Kohng, Vance Henry, Rev. Chris Griffin
Location info: There is free parking at the southeast corner of the Jewel parking lot (enter from Catalpa between Clark and Ashland).
Workshop #2 – WEST SIDE / Sat Apr 4, 9-11:30am at People’s Church of the Harvest (Garfield Park)
Workshop #3 – SOUTH SIDE / Sat May 2, 9-11:30am at Agape Center (Roseland)